Monday, November 29, 2010

We are THANKFUL!


We had a wonderful thanksgiving holiday and I hope you enjoyed yours as well. CORINA took her first trip with us to Matt's parents in Florida. She did great both in the car and at their house. You can see by the picture how well the girls are getting along. They are having a nice nap after thanksgiving dinner. Grayson kept saying to CORINA....'You are not in heaven, you are at Nana's and GrandBob's in Florida' ....it was so cute. Grayson also got CORINA to do a command that I have never asked her to do....'speak'....and yup, out came a little bark! CORINA would do anything for either of the kids and she gives them so much love.




Also, CORINA got two new kitty brothers: Charlie and Boots! They were a little unexpected suprise to our family mix, but as Grayson puts it...now, we are equal: Four boys and Four girls in the house ( I guess he counts the fish as a girl). Needless to say, I was a little worried about CORINA and the cats. The cats were abandoned in a park by our house and my husband brought them home one morning after he saw them two mornings in a row while working out. They are simply, the nicest cats I have ever had....mostly outside cats for now, but they come in at night, have their dinner and sleep on the porch. A couple of gentle warnings to CORINA, but now they go nose to nose and seem to all get along.




Another unexpected surprise was me breaking my foot. CORINA is definitely working for me!! (and Sammie of course).....But, she can help me get things, pull my little scooter (instead of crutches) she is coming back into the office with me, helps pull my clothes off over my cast....she is awesome. Always trying to please and do things we ask.




CORINA is starting to do some therapy with Samantha. She has done OT and will do OT and PT tomorrow. The therapists love her and we are taking baby steps for success with all of it. CORINA also helps Sammie with her bedtime routine, reads books with her and stays with her for a couple of hours at night when she first goes to sleep.....then, as I should have suspected, CORINA makes a mad dash to my bed, where she hops right in!! So much for the dog bed!!!




We just love her and are all so thankful for this amazing gift to our family and the endless hours of dedication given to CORINA to make her so exceptional.

No comments:

Post a Comment