Monday, November 1, 2010

Week 2


Well, we are on our 7th day with CORINA and she is doing great! She and I had some good quiet time over the weekend, only to come back and have all the kids and candy from Halloween in our neighborhood. CORINA doesn't 'spook' at much, so Halloween was no problem. Things she doesn't like too much right now are the school bus and large metal grates in the ground. But, it seems like she is curious about them more than anything and we let her take her time with them.




Sammie and CORINA are becoming quick friends. I was very happy to see Sammie eagerly go over to CORINA and start petting her and hugging her. We have been introducing them in small doses to ensure we start off on the right foot with the two of them. Grayson thinks he is 'junior' dog whisperer and Kyria has trained him well on how to handle CORINA. He knows more commands than I do I think....




I should back up to last week....we had a wonderful Thursday with Terry Henry, Sgt Tully and Kris Ulven. We had the opportunity to attend a Kiwanis Meeting in Atlanta. I thought there might be 10 people....it was more like 200!! Kiwanis does a lot for kids, so I hope Sammie's story can find a place in their organization to help other kids like her. It was sad to say good bye to Terry and Sgt Tully. Sgt Tully and Deja are awesome...he is doing a great job and Grayson and Samantha both took such a liking to him. I know he misses his kids, but I was happy to share mine for a little bit. I think he might be one of the very few people I have met who have a Purple Heart...very impressive.




Once CORINA and I got back with the family, we took some nice walks through the woods and enjoyed our gorgeous Atlanta fall days....then, Monday morning, it is back to work for CORINA and me! She put her fancy jacket on and just knows it is time to be on her best behavior, which she is.....everyone in the office just accepts her and expects her now. I think it will be harder now when she doesn't come....




Have a great week everyone! Keep supporting paws4people. They can't do all these great things without your generous support. It doesn't have to be money (though that is nice!), but your time, energy, PR about the great things this organization does really makes a difference in lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment